Sunday, December 11, 2016

Volume 2, Day 2

Still ahead of last year, I went out again, hoping to knock a bunch of beer coupons out of my Book.

It started successfully enough, at Hollow Nickel on Atlantic, where I enjoyed a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale:



Then, things got complicated, I headed over to Building on Bond, but I timed it poorly. They were in full Sunday brunch swing and there were no seats in the inn. To frustrate matters more, Robert Bar, right next door, didn't open until 5:00 PM. So, I ditched those two Boerum Hill locations and headed into downtown Brooklyn, to the Kimoto Rooftop bar. They, also, were closed. I was told they didn't open until 4.

So then I went on a long walk to Fort Greene. Well, it was only a mile, but it was longer than I had hoped to walk, after striking out at three closer locales.

Nonetheless, I went to a place I had visited several years earlier, and I knew the beer was good. The place was DSK, or Die Stammkniepe, a great biergarten.

There, I enjoyed a Hofbräu Dunkel / Dunkel Gold from Staatliches Hofbräuhaus München:



It was a big strong beer, and it made me happy, despite my expression!

So, only two beers, but I had hoped for more. Still, there were 20 days left in the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment